Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Day Late

My mother was very punctual. As a matter of fact she was always early. And she made sure that I understood that you should not make people wait for you. So I wonder if that's why I'm chronically late. Not so much time wise - I'm always early for work. But when I do send cards (which isn't often - I'm not a "mailer") I'm normally late. Of course it doesn't really help that my darling husband doesn't know how to tell time. Okay, he does know how - he just doesn't do it. After living with him for over 27 years it's no wonder I am becoming more and more time challenged.

So today, on the first of November, I finally finished up my Halloween quilt. lol. I machine quilted it - I got some nice thread that goes from red to orange to yellow that I thought would look really nice in a meandering stitch. I even got a solid brown backing so the stitches would show up. The problem - oh right, I don't know how to do a meandering stitch. lol. I was going to practice. Then I got cold feet and decided to do a grid. And I did a grid but not like I was going to do. I got very discouraged - as I normally do when I machine quilt. I keep thinking I'll get better the more I do it but it doesn't seem to be working that way.

Well it will pass the galloping horse test so I'm happy with it.



Since it's a holiday quilt it won't be out all the time and I think I can stand the mistakes for a month or so every year.

Now it's time to work on a few more things. As we get closer and closer to the end of the year I want to get some things finished up. I like to end the year with more in the finished column than I started the year with in the to do column.

So I'm off to the quilting room. Until next time, hugs and stitches. Jody

2 comments:

~Molly~ said...

Oh Jody, that is CUTE!!!

Molly

Jody said...

Thanks Molly. I'm not surprised you like it. lol. Jody