Tuesday, November 4, 2008

More Thanksgiving

Today I'm thankful for the right to vote. I think far too often voting is seen as a "given". It's not. It's a privilege and an honor. It gives us a say in our government. If you voted in this election I say thank you for helping to make a difference. If you didn't vote in this election I urge you to make sure that you do vote in the next election. And not just the "big one". There are many offices we elect officials to and you should be voting from the local level on up.



Over the weekend I was able to get some quilting work done. I finished up a Christmas present (that I will post a picture of after Christmas naturally).

I finally got the last border on my roosting robin. It's not the best picture because the last border is black on black and it's hanging against my navy blue drapes but here's a picture:



And I have put another border on my Christmas roosting robin.



This will be the last round for a while because I'm up to the final round and it will be what my friend Carol calls the "WOW" round. It's a sort of save your best for last concept. And if I can actually pull off what I'm planning it will be nothing short of a miracle. lol. But it's going to take some time.

It's been a while since I've posted a picture of Thunder. This one is an old one but he's soooo cute in it and besides, he's laying on my patriotic quilt and what better day than today?



Until next time, hugs and stitches. Jody

No comments: