Monday, November 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving fast approaching I'm planning to do a month long thanks for my blessings. Since I very seldom post daily I'm probably going to end up posting a few things at a time. Since this is the 3rd day of November I already have three things to be thankful for and here they are:

For November 1 I have chosen the biggest blessing in my life - the gift of everlasting life I have in my Savior Christ Jesus. I can't even begin to describe what this gift has meant to me. And it is a gift. I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it. And the good news is if you haven't accepted this gift for yourself it's there just waiting for you to claim it. If you are unsure how to go about this please scroll down to the red "ready" button on the right side of my blog. Click on that link and it will take you to a website that will explain it all to you. I looked around online for a picture to go with this and when I saw this one I knew immediately it was the one.

The reason I chose this one is something someone explained to me years ago when I inquired about crucifixes. I was told that there were no crucifixes in the church I attended because we serve a risen God. Jesus had to rise to complete His purpose. He had to come back from that grave for me - and you. So this is my Lord and Savior after conquering death.




November 2 is my family. I don't know what I would do without this crazy group of folks. We may not have a conventional home life (although I'm not even sure what "normal" or "regular" would be considered anymore) but there is lots of love in this house.



November 3 is quilting. I have loved quilts for years and I am thankful for the opportunity I had to learn to make quilts. Quilting is my stress reliever and creative outlet.



Until tomorrow, hugs and stitches. Jody

No comments: