Thursday, January 13, 2011

The first finish of 2011

I got something finished today! Because I'm supposed to be working on my UFO Challenge - I'm finding all these other things I want to do. lol.

I finished my bag. First I have to thank my darling husband. Two days before Christmas we were having the yearly discussion of do we get each other something or not. I ended up saying that I wanted to make a new bag and some cash to get fabric, etc. would be great. So that's what he did. And here's what I made:



I did the front pocket on this one and decided to add a little bead embellishment.

And I did a bit of experimenting with the inside. I put a small pocket on one side and did a "divider" on the other side. It's called a divider but I think it works more like a big open pocket. I might adjust that a bit if I do another one.



One of the things on my "to do" list is a second quilt for our grand-daughter to use while she's here. So last night I was looking for a pattern - the first one I made for her is a patch quilt - I wanted to do something different for this one. I didn't find a pattern for her quilt but I did come across a pattern I had looked at this past Christmas.

I really don't care for scrappy quilts. Too busy for me. But every once in a while there's a scrappy pattern that I decide to try. I wanted to try this one for Christmas but I didn't have enough fabric (or time). But looking at it last night I realized how nice it would look for an Autumn quilt - and fall fabrics I have in abundance. lol.

So here's the pattern, fabric choices and a few completed blocks:



I'll probably try to do a few blocks each day until I get this one done.

Until next time, hugs and stitches. Jody

No comments: