Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another BOM

I'm such a sucker for BOMs. This one has been going on for a while but I'm just getting going on it now. It's called Pushin' Up Spring and it's being done by Apple Blossom Quilts. If you copy and paste this link:

http://www.appleblossomquilts.com/newsletter/subscribe/

it will take you to the page to sign up for the newsletter. You can only get the link to the pattern download by subscribing to the newsletter.

Since there are eight blocks out and I'm just starting, I can pretty much start where I want. So here is block 2:



which I did first.

This is block 6:



These blocks are terrific for someone new to applique as the pieces are quite large. Connie Sue at Apple Blossom is doing her quilt scrappy. I'm am so not into scrappy so I'm doing the "frame" in the same fabric throughout and will have the flowers coordinate.

I can't resist adding this picture. This is my dear son Joe who just turned 13. This picture was taken the evening of the day after his birthday sleepover.



It's hard being a teenager. lol.

Until next time, hugs and stitches, Jody

No comments: