Monday, October 12, 2009

Halloween is Coming!!

And in celebration I have a couple of Halloween projects finished to post.

A few weeks back (okay - six or seven weeks) I posted that I was making my daughter a tote bag similar to the one I made myself. It was my first project for the Charming Girls Quilt Club. So of course I didn't get it finished. As a matter of fact, I took myself out of the CGQC because it seems if I say I plan to do something it's almost guaranteed not to get done. sigh.

So since she had picked Halloween fabrics I thought I ought to make the thing before November got here. So I made it Saturday. I have actually made two totes before this one. So I'm experienced right? I didn't need to find that darned pattern right? Um, apparently not. lol. So her's is quite a bit different from mine - and quite a bit different than I had planned - apparently that woman at the fabric counter didn't cut enough fabric for me to make stupid mistakes and still make the tote the way I planned to, so some adjustments had to be made.

But all in all it still turned out cute and she's happy. The main difference - the main NOTICEABLE difference is that the bottom of the bag is tapered rather than flat (comes from sewing in the wrong direction and cutting before realizing it).



The second project is this month's A Tisket, A Tasket BOM (the link to this is on the right sidebar of this blog). The patterns are free and are offered in redwork or applique and will work up into a nice little quilt at the end of the year. Or you can do like I am and do individual wallhangings.

I'm not sure if I'm just seeing what I want to see or if it was designed this way but I think the witch looks like SBS - who I dearly love. My favorite part is her little boo bucket. It's too adorable.



One of these days I'll figure out my new photo program and be able to crop things a bit better. I added some embellishments to this one and I really like doing that. I think one of my new projects for 2010 will be something with a lot of embellishments.

So tonight I'll pack up these two projects along with my niece's baby quilt and a Christmas wallhanging I made as a present (which is why I can't show it) and take them in to my quilt guild meeting and I'll come home with four more pins for my nametag. Oh, speaking of the nametag, here it is:



Oh wow! I just realized there are no new pictures of Thunder! Tonight's guild meeting is a trunk show and I intend to take pictures so before I post my favorites I'll make sure I have a picture of Thunder on there too.

Until next time, hugs and stitches. Jody

No comments: