Friday, October 9, 2009

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Well it's here. The first day of the Blogger's Quilt Festival. If you aren't familiar with this festival, please click on the link on the sidebar and it will give you all the details - and you can get links to some of the other participants' quilts.

The short story is that you are to post a picture of a special quilt and tell a little bit about it.

So here's mine:



Sunbonnet Sue is the reason I learned to quilt. I so wanted to make this quilt. But when I learned to quilt, I learned that I did not have a gift for applique. So the idea went back on the shelf. Over a period of five or so years I made lots of quilts. Once I got to feeling comfortable I decided it was time to try again. But this time I had an ace in the hole. Fusible web!! Fusible web is my answer to needle turn applique. I did a few small applique projects - mainly centers for round robin quilts. And when I felt comfortable I did this quilt. The fun thing was using the different fabrics. I can get easily bored doing the same block over and over.

I love naming my quilts. Not long after I started quilting I learned that some people name their quilts and I thought it was a great idea. Coming up with an appropriate name isn't always easy. But this one was - I named it Dreams Do Come True.

Hugs and Stitches, Jody

11 comments:

Jan said...

I love your Sunbonnet Sue Quilt. I think I need me some fusible web. I like the name, too, Dreams Do Come True.

Jocelyn said...

Such a lovely quilt! Thanks for sharing your sweet quilt.

Letterpress said...

I'm totally with you on the naming of quilts. Sometimes the name doesn't come to me until I'm sewing on the binding, but then I make up a quilt label and place it on the back. I love the name of this one, and great idea to put our more modern quilty helps into service. I'm about ready to dive into Bunny Tales applique blocks and I think I'm definately going to go that way.

I love your Sunbonnet Sue quilt--kudos to you for getting it done!

--ELIZABETH E, #115

Robin said...

It turned out beautifully! I'm so glad you didn't give up on it and made it come to life. Thanks for sharing! :)

Latane Barton said...

Such a sweet sunbonnet sue. Happy to see it on the blogger quilt show.

GretchenJoanna said...

I'm so glad you finished Sue-Dreams Come True. Sunbonnet Sue came into our family via my husband's ancestors and I am really fond of the pattern!

Lonci said...

Fabulous quilt:)

Rene' said...

Great quilt and great name. Congratulations to you for completing the quilt that got you into quilting. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie said...

great name for your quilt...it is so pretty. thank goodness for fusible web. thank you for sharing this. it is a reminder that the dreams i have for all my unfinished quilts can come true

stitchinpenny said...

I am glad you got to make your dream quilt

Piecefully Pam said...

Hooray for YOU!!! I'm so...SEW glad you finished this quilt and realized a dream come true! : ) That makes your quilt very special indeed! Thanks for sharing it.

http://sewpam63.wordpress.com/