Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Graduation - Part One

This is a big day in our house. We have two graduates. Joe, our middle son, is graduating elementary school. I attempted to get some pictures at the ceremony but between the terrible lighting and my son who decided to do his impression of a roadrunner and go across the stage at the speed of light I didn't get a single one. So I settled for numerous pictures of him and his friends in their natural habitat (the food line lol), eating, one with his teacher and this little gem (my personal favorite lol):



On the way home we stopped by work because Esther had graciously added Tasha's name to the reader board along with the kids who work at the restaurant and are graduating. I knew she was doing it but Tasha was completely surprised.



So this is part one because Tasha's graduation is being held tonight. In the meantime we're going to make ice cream and I'm going to work on her graduation quilt - which will never be finished by tonight but she won't mind that.

I'm still struggling with the tennis elbow. Working on Tasha's quilt is really more that I can tolerate at times so I'm still spending my free time reading. This series of three I read about on my friend Barb's blog. Since we are so much alike I figured if she likes them I would too - and she was right. These are winners.





You need to read these in order as they build on each other. I love books like that. Sometimes I get so invested in the characters I want to know more and more about them. Each book is as good as the one before it - and I'm hoping there will be a fourth book in the series - SOON.

Right now I'm reading Sandra Dallas' Prayers For Sale. So far I really like it.

Well I'll be back later with Graduation - Part Two. And I'll try to snap a shot or two of Thunder - he misses being here.

Until next time, hugs and stitches. Jody

No comments: