Sunday, October 12, 2008

Goin' To A Show

No I'm not going to a quilt show - although I sure would like to. lol. Goin' To A Show is the name of my latest finished project. Its a wallhanging I made to hang my show pins on. I spent a lot of time looking for a pattern specifically for show pins (there aren't many out there) and finally found this wallhanging that I decided would work.



I thought the pins would make nice centers for the flowers.



A couple of these are not show pins but are very special. The pin to the left is from Capital Quilts - a great quilt shop in Gaithersburg MD where I went with three wonderful ladies that I'm on a Yahoo group with. The pin in the middle is of a quilt block with four flowers that I also got at Capital Quilts. Of course each of the flowers represents one of us. Not that I need anything to remind me of that very special day but they sure are nice to have.

I've also done two more rounds on my Christmas roosting robin. They were very simple - basically a separator round and a round to take it off point.



I mentioned before that my daughter has taken an interest in photography and I found this picture on the camera. This is the front of our house.



Now you can picture where I'm at when you read my posts. (I'm sure you were all sitting on the edge of your seats just wondering what my house looks like. lol).

Well it's time to get moving and get something productive done.

Here's a look at one of Thunder's latest pictures.



It's hard to believe we've had him 7 1/2 months. He'll be a year old before long. My baby is growing up. lol.

Until next time, hugs and stitches. Jody

No comments: