Saturday, February 7, 2009

Quilt Show!!

I always love it when I can unexpectedly go to a quilt show. I knew this one was coming but I also knew I had to work. But as luck would have it I got off work at noon on Friday so I came home, grabbed Rodger and off we went. We both needed to have our pictures taken for our driver's licenses and the licensing center was about 10 minutes past where the quilt show was so we decided to save some gas and do it all at one time.

The quilt show is a preview for the Mennonite Central Committee's yearly relief auction. They have some lovely quilts but they don't really have a lot of room to display them so it's hard to get good pictures. Here are a few of my favorites.

I love Mariner's Compass quilts. I have attempted them but they are beyond me.



This would be a gorgeous addition to any home at Christmas. Simple but lovely.



This one is just too cute for Christmas.



If my kitchen had a bit more wall space this one would be on my to do list.



On the home front I finished my Spring quilt. I birthed it and then tied it so it didn't take very long. No batting because we will use it when it gets warmer.



This is one of the largest quilts I have made. We have a queen-size bed and it hangs over on all sides. I finished another small quilt today but I haven't done the pictures yet so I'll save that for another post.

Thunder wanted to show you all his new friend.



Until next time, hugs and stitches. Jody

No comments: