Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Cookies

Memories of Christmases past abound at this time of year. I've been thinking about my mom a lot because Sunday was the eighth anniversary of her passing. I was talking with some friends and cookies came up. My absolute favorite cookie is called Mommy Bakes. They're actually called Joan's Cookies but when I was little I would ask for the cookies Mommy bakes and so the cookies ceased to be Joan's Cookies and became Mommy Bakes.

I went through a phase of making scrapbooked recipes. I have very few things in my mother's handwriting. She was sick for a long time before she passed and she didn't do a lot of writing after a time. So this recipe in her handwriting is very special. I found a picture of her with my sister and me and make this recipe page.



Not much going on as far as the quilting goes. And I really need to fix that. I have one more quilt to get made for a Christmas present. I'm going to do the Last Push Quilt-a-thon December 13th. But since I won't be able to post a picture of that until after Christmas anyhow I'm posting a picture of a Christmas quilt I made a few years ago with blocks from a swap with an online group.



Before I go - here's a funny picture of Thunder.



Until next time, hugs and stitches. Jody

No comments: