Saturday, July 5, 2008

Old things finished, new things started

Well I have made some accomplishments in the past couple of weeks. I suppose the first thing is that I got Ryan's pillow sham done. I really like it (and he did too) and it wasn't that hard to make. I think I will make one for each of the other kids - maybe for Christmas. lol.

Here's the front:



And the back:



I also finally found a pattern that will work for my show pins. I have tried a number of different patterns and didn't care for the way they turned out. But this one I love. It's pretty enough on it's own and the pins will just be a lovely addition.



I'll put the pins in the center of the flowers.

And the new thing started is actually an old thing redone. I have a webshots account and will frequently look around at the quilts on the site. I found one of a schoolhouse block but where the part of the house with the windows is there were small quilt blocks. I fell in love with it and starting making my own. I wasn't happy with it - partly because I started it not long after I started quilting and the fabric wasn't very good quality. I also do not like working with templates. Everything isn't lined up perfectly but I quilt for fun not perfection so I'm happy with the results. Here is the first block:



I'm using Civil War repros. The brown fabric in this block I got at the last quilt show I went to. There was a vendor with just CW repros. I had a hard time getting out of that stall. lol.

And of course I can't leave without putting up one of the latest pictures of Thunder.



Until next time, hugs and stitches. Jody

No comments: