Sunday, October 21, 2007

I finished something!!!

Yes indeedy. I finished a quilting project. I finished up the row by row I did with the wonderful ladies on QWHT. A big thank you to Michelle, Kymberli, Joyce, Frances and Marilyn for their contributions to this gorgeous creation.



We're working on a round robin now and I can't wait to see mine! I think it has three more stops before it comes home to me. Based on the ones that have come past me and the incredible work I know these ladies do I'm sure it's going to be beautiful.

Here's my next project ready to be quilted:



It's a log cabin Christmas wreath. I have no idea how I'm going to quilt it. lol. I'm sort of looking to do something other than in the ditch - which is what I seem to do mostly. But it's a bit busy for motif quilting. After I finish quilting it I want to add a big crushed velvet bow, either top center or on the bottom right corner. I was thinking of using pink but I might use dark green. I guess I'll just have to see what I can find and what looks good.

Now here's the update on the Double Irish Chain. It's a little over half done. It's seven blocks by eleven and I have seven by seven done so far.



I'm taking a bit of a break today to do some things around the house (don't you hate it when house work cuts into your quilting time?). I finally went out to the shed and dug out the fall decorations so that'll be my fun stuff amongst the cleaning.

Until next time. Hugs and stitches. Jody

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They are all so beautiful!!!