Thursday, December 9, 2010

The "Two Hour" Bag

Did you ever buy one of those patterns that give a time frame for how long it should take to make it? Sort of like Eleanor Burns' Quilt In A Day projects?

I have been looking for a new bag for months. I found a free pattern for a Moda Bake Shop bag last year and made about a half dozen of them. A summery one, a fall one, a Halloween one, a Christmas one and a purple one (for my daughter). I made each one a little different. I have such trouble following a pattern. I can do it, I just don't want to. lol. None of the ones I made was actually exactly like the pattern. I love them, I was just ready for something new.

When Tasha and I went to Rockville in October for the quilt show, I stopped in the booth of Capital Quilts (I love this quilt shop and wish it was closer to home). They had a pattern for the cutest little bag and the perfect fabric to make it.

Because I every once in a while have a good idea - I made the first attempt at making the bag with fabric from my stash. Good thing too because I made a mistake that I can't seem to correct.

The second attempt, this one made with the Christmas fabric, turned out fabulous! The biggest thing was I found out when I made the first one that I would need to make a bigger size. There are four sizes and I thought the next to the smallest would be really good but it was a bit too small.

So here is the front:



and the back:



The pattern is The Two-Hour Tulip Purse - which took me about 4 hours. It's not complicated if you follow the directions. You can read more about it here.

I am so glad to finally finish it - especially since I'll have such a short time frame to actually use it. But I'm sure, as soon as I can find the time, I'll make another one to use after the holidays.

Thunder is not quite sure about the Christmas preparations around the house this year - he's spent most of his time hiding under my desk:



Until next time, hugs and stitches. Jody

No comments: