Friday, August 7, 2009

Going To A Show

I finally finished up this wallhanging:



It's called Going To A Show and it's to put my quilt show pins on. Two of my favorite pins are not actually from shows but from a store in Gaithersburg, MD that I went to with three of my dearest friends.

The fabrics I used in the flowers are fabrics from the quilt I made for our bed for when we get our bedroom repainted - which looks like it probably won't be until next Spring - which is just fine because the quilt probably won't be finished until long after that. lol. It's a queen-size Trip Around The World that I am handquilting. I'm echo quilting each square and there are hundreds (and hundreds and hundreds lol) of them.

I'm still working on Tasha's quilt (which is also putting the TATW on hold) and I'm beginning some blocks for a swap - hopefully I'm beginning them tonight. My favorite Yahoo group is doing a snowman swap. I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't done a swap for so long.

But if I want to get something started I need to get off the computer and into the sewing room.

Thunder would like to say hello but he's a little tired now:



We haven't give the long worked on quilts to the dog. He has his own quilts (yep - two of them). He's laying on Joe's bed with his head on Joe's quilt (that is actually store bought) with the quilt Timmy's sleeps on over him.

Until next time, hugs and stitches. Jody

No comments: