Monday, May 14, 2007
I have finally gotten my digital problems worked out (I hope). So I'm posting pictures of my last three projects. The first one is the 30s repro. I already posted a picture of the top but it's finished now. I also have the picture of Ryan's football quilt. And the last project is a wallhanging I made for the bathroom. I found the pattern in a Quilter's World issue. Of course, having problems with following the rules like I do, I changed it a bit. This one is completely machine stitched. I do all my piecing by machine but like to quilt by hand. Every once in a while I decide I have too many tops that need quilted and so I'll do one or two by machine. I'm still not that good at machine quilting but the only way to get better is to keep practicing. I also did the binding by machine. I generally don't like how my machine bindings look but this one I did a self binding and just stitched as close to the edge as possible. I'm happy with how it turned out. I'm calling it Flowers for Mom because I finished it on Mother's Day. Giving names to my quilts is a bit new to me. I've named a few but I think I'd like to name them all now. So it's interesting coming up with names that "fit". The 30s quilt I named Gracie's Friends. I used a piece of Gracie fabric for the backing and the fabrics in the top came from my friends.